Sunday, September 20, 2009

Stowe, Vermont winter time with the little one






I cannot wait for my favorite east coast mountain to open with powder. I've been eagerly making this 5 hour drive for the last 2 winters at least 4 times each.Love this place. It has everything.And the town has everything. For any gear or repairs go to Darkside-2160 Mountain Rd,Stowe, VT 05672-4766,(802) 253-0335‎. It is a real trendy shop with a huge variety of snowboards, skateboards,and tons of clothes. Igot a Santa Cruz skateboard here.I also had them put my new EST bindings on my new 2009 Burton Supermodel board. these guys are quick.I've stayed at Top Notch Resort at least 5 times and Stoweflake once. Stoweflake isn't as fancy but they have an indoor racket ball court which is pretty unique and I did use and a nice bar that gets a huge crowd for breakfast.http://www.stoweflake.com/. Top Notch Resort is a pet friendly resort which is great for kids because my son loved walking through the halls and seeing these huge retreivers waddle past. It makes the kids less homesick and kids love animals. It seems like every hotel gives out homemade cookies so you can't narrow it down that way. When we brought my son Top Notch did bring a crinb into the room but it's a good thing we got a larger suite with a living room because he didn't want anything to do with that little metal crib. I brought all his bedding from home and some soft toys but still he wasn't having it so he got the sofa. We bring a few dvd's for him and his own small luggage bag fits everything I need for 5 days. Diapers, his clothes, dvd player in case we go out to eat, and a few of his toys he hasn't seen in a while. Top Notch Resort has a beautiful restaurant named Norma's that has a wall of glass facing the mountains. They have an outdoor pool and jacuzzi and an indoor which gets crowded at night. We use it everytime we stay there.I have never used the spa but i'm sure it's excellent.http://www.topnotchresort.com/. In the town is Ben and Jerry's Icecream Factory which I haven't been but maybe fun for the kids, farmers market with apple cider donuts which are amazing when you can get them hot. The new Stowe Mountain Lodge was finished last winter and when we tried to make a reservation they couldn't complete our scheduled visit. they always had a few of our days unavailable and it's hard move around with luggage when you have a child so we preferred staying at one place but this new Stowe Mountain  Lodge is so gorgeous.http://www.stowemountainlodge.com/I got to have lunch at the bar twice and take a tour of the lobby. Pretty incredible and they have timeshare opportunities. They are literally at the foot of Spruce Peak lifts lifts. And don't forget to stop by the firepit for gigantic marshamllows and hot chocolate after a full day of boarding.The pics above the marshmallows are Top Notch Resort and the pics below are of Stowe Mountain Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment