Wednesday, September 16, 2009

POC VPD Tshirt



I was so excited to get new body armor having used sxsixone's black long sleeved pressure suit since i started downhilling at Diablo 4 years ago the summers were drenching me in sweat.I cared for something more form fitting, lighter, and feminine.This new product by POC sports was just what I wanted. Retailing for $315 makes it tangible to a select few. My privilege of dating a boyfriend who worked in a bike shop and could EP me one made it possible.
A short sleeve jacket with shoulder-cups, breast plates and a back protector. One of few certified at Level 2 (“High performance”) of the motor cycle standard EN 1621-2. The new back-protector-concept is made of the new Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough (VPD) that gives a high level of protection as well as a unique capability to adapt its shape to your body. The ambition has been to support mobility and comfort, incorporating the highest possible level of spinal and torso protection.

- Ventilated Polypropylene shoulder protection
- Breathable mesh for ventilation
- Ventilated Polypropylene breast plate
- Removable and flexible waistband
- Patent-pending snap-on Cervical and Coccyx in sandwich-molded and lined polyethylene

Size: XS/S, M, L/XL
Color: White

Well one first use of this protection was at Highland bike park and I immediately learned how vulnerable it is. sweat turned the stitching yellowish. the white material was susceptible to fraying from anything including the black velcro kidney belt. It got mysterious stains on it. without sounding strange i'll add the fact I have never ate or drank while wearing this because the zippered front makes it super easy to take off and when you do break from biking you are happy to unzip yourself. so where the stains came from... I have no idea. I wrote to POC because I love their website, pocsports.com. their products are fun, innovative, and very attractive to athletes. I want a ton of stuff from POC in the future and would hope they care about their consumers needs. This is the communication:
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me with the info. Here is your RA#. Put it on the outside of the box that you 're going to ship the TEE in. Once we get the TEE we will take a look at it. We won't send you a new one until we get yours first. Any questions just send me an e-mail.
RA # CM1418.
Thanks,
Andrea
POC USA


From: ellie porru
To: Andrea Needham <andrea@pocsportsusa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:32:12 PM
Subject: Re: VPD Tee warranty

x-small,small VPD spine tee
590 pinebrook blvd new rochelle, ny 10804
9545510916
Elixandria Porru
I wore the tee to Diablo today-pic attached. it's always under this jersey. it fits me so much better than the sixsixone and it's not as hot. Just very delicate.
--- On Tue, 9/1/09, Andrea Needham wrote:

From: Andrea Needham
Subject: VPD Tee warranty
To: mtbporru@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:02 AM

Ellie,
We will gladly take care of you. We do need some information from you first before I can send you and RA #. Once you get the RA# please write it on the outside of the box when you ship your VPD tee to us. I will e-mail you an RA# once I get your information.
Information I need from you:
Size of the TEE, shipping address, and phone number.
Thanks, Andrea
POC USA
280 Heritage Ave
Portsmouth, NH 03801


From: Travis Swalbach <travis@pocsportsusa.com>
To: andrea@pocsportsusa.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:42:18 AM
Subject: Fw: RE: Attn:travis



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: ellie porru
To: warranty@pocskiusa.com
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 6:42:59 PM
Subject: Fw: RE: Attn:travis

The pic attached is from Aug 15, 2009. this VPD tee is straight from the wrapper. I have the matching elbow pads. I loved the lightness of this protector. I was boiling in hot in the black long sleeved one from sixsixone. But after it's first use i realized how delicate it is as it is pricey. The white material frayed immediately. Then mysterious yellow streaks appeared even though i never ate or drank anything with this on because it's a zip away to being off. After a few uses at diablo all the sweat on the stitchings turned yellow and stains came from who knows what being that it's worn under a jersey. I'm just wondering if you've had any similar complaints because maybe this is an excellent product for only skiers who won't be sweating directly. As a biker sweating is a guarantee. this material is not strong enough for a mountain biker. I loved the look and the fit.At $315 I don't know many people that can replace it every summer

--- On Mon, 8/31/09, Jarka Duba <jarka@pocskiusa.com> wrote:

From: Jarka Duba
Subject: RE:
To: "'ellie porru'"
Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 1:52 PM

Ellie,

Yikes. E-mail warranty@pocskiusa.com and Travis will set you up with a new one.

Next time…. Remove the VPD piece from the garment prior to washing.

Jarka

From: ellie porru [mailto:mtbporru@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:39 PM
To: info@pocskiusa.com
Subject:

I do alot of downhill biking at Diablo park in NJ and Highland in NH. I was excited to get this new VPD spine tee a month ago. After sweating the white turned yellow and because it zips off easily I have never ate in it. It just kept staining after sweating and biking.I took it to the dry cleaners but they told me they didn't handle such products.I put two pressure suits in delicate cycle. the sixsixone came out new. The $300 POC one kept every single yellow discoloration and stain plus the spinal protection fell off. Considering this is sold as performance wear to athletes it doesn't stand a chance at lasting one biking season.

As you can see they were caring, personable, and were willing to replace the product. I never did send in the armor. If everyone sent theirs back in after several uses for a new product this company would fail. I only wanted to know if other bikers had the same to say about it and make a suggestion about trying a more durable material. This purchase will not refrain me from buing other POC products and I do love their marketing.
The sixsixone suit I have (pic at the top)is a 2007 red and black longsleeved suit that I'm a little too small for even though it is a small.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I found this article while Googling information on this same piece of equipment. Have you taken any falls on it or anything? I'm planning on using it for snowboarding and am a little bit skeptical. I don't mind paying that much if it works as advertised and holds up, but if I could pick up something closer to $200 and get the same result, I'm more likely to do that. Any feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent writeup thanks for posting so much information. I wanted to buy this POC product but I wanted to read some user experiences first.

    ReplyDelete