Wednesday, September 16, 2009

2009 Jamis Dakar Bam 11

            This is another one of those times I had the priveledge of getting an EP discount through my beau, paying only $2700 of the $5100 it retailed for when it was new and the $4650 it sells for now at the end of the year. Diablo freeride park in NJ is offering the 2010 as their rental fleet already and selling their 2009 rentals.I heard you can pick on eup for under $3000.
          This 2009 year I've had the greatest opportunities considering i'm a mom of a small child to travel from Platekill, NY to Highland Bike Park in Tilton, N.H., to Diablo Freeride park in Vernon, NJ. I have been to these bike parks this 2009 summer an estimated 22 riding days total with a season pass at Diablo being Diablo is closest distance to me at an hour and half commute each way.
"Where others see nothing but trouble, you see nothing but fun. If steep chutes, rock gardens, slickrock slabs and big drops are what you live for, BAM is your bike.

We took the proven 7-inch mp3 rear suspension from last year’s BAM, pumped it up to 8 inches of terrain-swallowing travel so it’ll take the drops you used to bail on. It’s active and plush thanks to a 2.67:1 leverage ratio that squeezes the most out Fox’s DHX shock, with minimal pedal or brake feedback, keeping you in complete control.

We gave BAM downhill-inspired angles for descending confidence, and a lengthy top tube that lets you breathe on the ascents as you make the most of the mp3 suspension’s stable pedal platform. A new unified bell crank and CNC’ed pivot hardware keeps things laterally stiff and torsionally tight so you can power out of one switchback into the next."-ride-this.com
I love this bike to death. It handles well. it's plush. It conquers all from step-ups to drops and jumps I never thought I can do. the only flaws I've had with it are that the derailleur get loose after a strenuous downhilling day of rock gardens and pounding. nothing a multi-tool doesn't fix in a snap. The other problem is the first day I rode it my shin guards rubbed the paint down to the metal on both sides of the frame where I held on tight flying down a fire road. I had no idea My thighs were pinned against the frame that hard until black was missing. I was sad at first but taped it up against further damage.Pic shown. This probably won't happen to most because I wasn't supposed to be holding on to the frame this tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment