Monday, November 9, 2009

what i did sunday nov 8, 2009 summer weather







                Every sunday at 8:30 am a few riders from Peak Bike shop in Queens, NY meet up at Cunningham Park and ride for over an hour. Turned out to be a large group too. Had a blast getting pushed to pedal as fast as the guys and bring my skills from downhilling to the few jumps they have here. Got home and showered and decided to drive almost two hours to Englishtown Raceway for my first time. $15 a person gets you a pass to walk around up close and personal with dirtbikers and ATV'ers of all ages. These people go all out. Their Rv's and campers and all their gear in the back of their trailer while the front is where a lot of them live. They just camp out and ride. I was crying while watching the tiny boys getting pushed out to the start line by their fathers hoping for the day i can be pushing my son to the same line. Being that he is only three I have some waiting to go but just the thrill of being there and knowing this could be in my future was enough to get the sensitive and proud tears out. Took some video which is now on youtube under my username mtbporru or tags: Nov 8,2009, Englishtown Raceway. I was just sorry I never went here earlier. It was pretty exciting to see lifted trucks and dirtbikes and adrenaline driven people together.
                Two hours later I was starving and need good food not junk food. So drove back to Port Chester, NY to pig out at Tarry Lodge. This place rocks. 5 stars. Growing tired we retired to our sofa for an old movie, Frailty from netflix. Good day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment